I run the shore power cord right next to one of my mooring lines. That,
combined with the bright yellow cord colour helps remind us to disconnect
it.

Ken H.

On Wednesday, 30 October 2019, Bill Coleman via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
> But I have done this too!!
>

> Bill Coleman
>
> Erie PA

Mike via CnC-List
> Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 11:28 AM
> To: 'cnc-list@cnc-list.com'
> Cc: Hoyt, Mike
> Subject: Re: Stus-List Starting An Engine with Battery Charger Connected?
>

> Motoring away from the marina while plugged in and charging might be a
problem

> Mike Hoyt
>
> Persistence

Joe via CnC-List
> Sent: October 30, 2019 12:26 PM
> To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
> Cc: Della Barba, Joe <joe.della.ba...@ssa.gov>
> Subject: Re: Stus-List Starting An Engine with Battery Charger Connected?
>

> I have done it with no issues since the 70s.
>

> Joe Della Barba
>
> Coquina

Coleman via CnC-List
> Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 11:02 AM
> To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
> Cc: Bill Coleman <colt...@gmail.com>
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Stus-List Starting An Engine with Battery Charger
Connected?

> I also do it all the time and have never had a problem.
>
> Whey your engine starts the alternator begins with a high voltage, 14+,
so your shore charger would be basically ignored or not seen by your
batteries, so I don’t see a problem.

> Usually this is only for a couple minutes till you unplug and cast off.
>

> Bill Coleman
>
> Erie PA

Schillay via CnC-List
> Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:35 AM
> To: Edd Schillay via CnC-List
> Cc: Edd Schillay
> Subject: Stus-List Starting An Engine with Battery Charger Connected?
>

> Listers,
>

> I’m seeing conflicting opinions on the web and would like to know from
the collected wisdom of the group.

> Is it OK or not OK to start your engine while your battery charger is
running?

> I was surprised to see some people say it is not, as people have been
jump-starting their car engines for decades, but am interested in seeing
what you all have to say on this.