John,

Before you change the unit (and if you do, go with the ProNautic 1240P) you
should check the fuses. Odds are there are one or two inside the charger (near
all the connections) and there should be one in line between the charger and
the battery.

All the best,

Edd

———————————————-
Edd M. Schillay
Captain of the “Starship Enterprise”
C&C 37+ | Sail No.: NCC-1701-B
Venice Yacht Club | Venice, FL
www.StarshipSailing.com
———————————————-
914.774.9767   | Mobile
———————————————-
Sent via iPhone X
iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

> On Oct 31, 2019, at 8:10 AM, John Conklin via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

My West Marine 40 Amp Charger Inverter appears DEAD !  no life. House bank is
pretty new but when I checked the 2 started batteries(flooded) and 1 was dry as
a cork so is that starter battery also shot shot?!! House bank looks  fine and
holds charge, but all were drained to zero, with dehumidifier fans on for the
week.  I think Start  Batteries are  2017?
Guessing charger is shot and this is my problem?   What I was getting at is
what would be a good replacement for the West Marine 40 amp ?  cute little
place inside door back against wall in small compartment left of companion way
Ughh!  how can I check that to be sure as I did’nt see a fuse or anything.

Thanks !

John Conklin
S/V Halcyon