You may want to check with Al Holzer of Schooner Bay Marine in Bayfield
Wisconsin.  He sent me an overhauled KBW 10 for $1,500 (IIRC) plus shipping.
A direct exchange.  There was a bump in the road, but Al took care of it like a
gentleman.I would highly recommend his services.  However,  he may be taking
off time now that it's the depth of winter up there.If you reach out to him,
please mention my referral.Please email me if you want more information.Bruce
Whitmore 1994 C&C 37/40+ "Astralis"Sent from Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: Olivier Chatot via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 1/1/20  4:43 PM  (GMT-05:00) To:
cnc-list@cnc-list.com Cc: Olivier Chatot <ocha...@gmail.com> Subject: Stus-List
Fitting transmission with different gear ratio Hi all,I have an interesting
situation with my transmission. I would like to share it with you and get some
opinions.I have a Yanmar 3HM35F engine with a Kanzaki KBW10 transmission. I
need to replace this transmission because it's been malfunctioning.Someone near
me has a new Kanzaki KM3P for sale. I believe the mounting flange is the same
shape and size, so physically mounting this transmision would be
possible.However, this transmission has a different gear ratio than my old
transmission. My old transmission has a gear ratio of 2.14 (2.50 in reverse)
and the new transmission has a gear ratio of 2.61 (3.16 in reverse). Since the
gear ratio of the new transmission is higher, the prop would turn more slowly.
But I believe it would be safe.Do you agree that it would be safe to use a
transmission with a higher gear ratio? Or, do you see something important I'm
missing?Other specs of the two transmissions are identical. Notably, the
rotation direction of the two transmissions are the same.Any comment is greatly
appreciated.Olivier ChatotC&C 38-3