That entire stainless steel assembly is there to try to prevent wear on
port and starboard spinnaker halyards, where they exit the mast.  We have
essentially the same assembly on our mast, on our 37/40.  On ours the Genoa
halyard does not rub on the bottom plate, it does't touch it at the bottom
at all, I don't know why yours does.

This is ours:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LDsMwtvYddqtdVHr7

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sreCcqwbHQapw4io9