The filing you see was done last week by me with a flap disk wheel when I had
things apart to try to minimize the problem.  I could try to grind it further,
but then it occurred to me that since I use the spinnaker rarely, the whole
thing might be an unnecessary part (solves one problem and creates another).
As to the sheave- It looks fine and feels fine, although I have been unable to
remove it.  The sheave is pretty deep in the mast, so unless it were huge, I
don’t see you could avoid a small angle from the diverter to the sheave which
brings the halyard closer to the mast where it contacts the stainless edge.
Dave

PS- I agree with Richard.  This list is awesome!

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT

> On Apr 7, 2020, at 9:36 AM, Ken Heaton via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
> wrote:
>
> " I wonder if your sheaves are undersized,  "
>
> ...or possibly damaged?  Have you had this sheave out to look at it?
>
> Otherwise, Bill's recommendation to install a sheave of larger diameter, or
> if that won't work because there isn't enough room, to polish away any edge,
> is probably the best solution.
>
> Ken H.
>
> On Tue, 7 Apr 2020 at 10:31, Bill Coleman via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com
> <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>> wrote:
> Usually those sheaves a made and located so that they overhang anything below
> them.

I don’t understand this.  The sheave is well inside the mast so doesn’t
overhang the external run of the halyard????