I do not have a halyard restrainer but I do need one.   It is in my chart table
waiting to be put on.  Having said that I generally do not use my roller furler
as I primarily race the my boat.

 FYI,  Harken recommends the following to prevent halyard wrap:
1. Halyard swivel should be within top 4–6" (100–152 mm) of foil unless a
halyard restrainer is used.

2. Halyard must pull slightly to rear (8–10°).

3. Halyard must be snug, but not too tight.

As a note I am a rigger and while both the Harken and the Schaefer restrainers
seem to work equally well I prefer the Harken as it has a sheave and should
reduce wear on the halyard.

Sail Safe,

Mike

Mike Brannon