Hi Len,

Many people will say you should not attach your autopilot to your quadrant,
but instead install another independent arm onto the rudder shaft.

Still, ours is attached to our quadrant (Radial Wheel) and we've had no
problems with it there in 12 years.  We aren't sailing around the world
though.

Photos here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GDctE5v2j7jdphxr7
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mbUNnFetP4DzAZUW8