The 25 mkII does have a swept back keel. I also have water pool in the same
places, but some old rope looped though the toe rail has been working well.

The lines of the mkII are very nice, and it is a beautiful 25'. Mine is on
a dock with a number of Catalinas and the like. I'm always very pleased
with the looks of the C&C in comparison. I just need to get the topsides
painted (probably DIY, I can't find a boat yard that seems interested in
providing a quote for a small boat, which I expect would be pretty high
anyway). Of course, by then we'll probably want one of her bigger sisters
:-).

Stephen

That makes me curious as to why my 25 mk1 sits with the cockpit sole level
when she sits on her lines (so any water disappears into the scuppers),
while the water that collects on the deck because of the rocker of the
sheer lines seems to be centered about 3 feet forward of the transom.
Anyone have thoughts on an explanation? Does the Mk2 have a swept back keel
like the mk1?