I don’t know how you can beat the Spar-Tite, having dealt with both.

You can form a drip-edge on the top outer portion to eliminate leaks – (I
learned this after the fact!)

And Yes, if you are not pro-active, they can be difficult to remove. This can
be easily determined with a Square, and if your collar is a little bell-shaped
towards the bottom, you can use a little Bondo to build up the lower inside
portion of the collar so it is slightly V shaped, and then put  a little
Vaseline on the Collar, (not the mast) so it will slip out, and Bob’s your
uncle!

Bill Coleman

Entrada, Erie, PA