Hi All,
First post here so I imagine I will have fouled up somehow ... 😱
Hopefully I will continue to “contribute”, more meaningfully as time goes on.

The ceilings on my 1982 37 are teak battens (~ 1/4” x 2” + -ish) with beveled
edges laminated to ~3/8“ plywood. Actual dimensions are fuzzy - the memory of
.... 🙄 It’s been awhile.
Screwed and plugged. I can’t remember if there was some sort of hull
spacer/vertical ribband. Newer boats ...?

As a retired landlubber construction professional I strongly urge people to
explore existing structure thoroughly. Before somehow committing to plans and
timetables based on hopeful thinking. As construction methods change and
as-builts differ always see whatcha already got ... so just rip into it! 😳

Note on terminology: One of my brothers was a shipwright and foreman in the
wooden boat mafia so I differentiated myself by refusing to learn all the
arcane stuff. I’m a better sailor than he is ... but
what that says about my skills is debatable. 😉

Hans Reinhardt
S/V Ete’
1982 C&C 37
Shilshole Bay, Seattle