Ah.  Timely twist on this thread.

The Admiral and I were in Colorado a couple weeks ago when the cold weather
hit Louisiana.  We didn't lose power but we lost the internet.  All our
connected devices were down.  We couldn't see our doorbell or security
cameras.  Our alarm monitoring service couldn't communicate with our alarm
panel.  Gosh, we couldn't run the robot vacuum and scare the crap out of
the cat.

The internet returned.  We verified it with our neighbor who was on the
same service.  HOWEVER, our modem and router did not re-establish
communication.  I could reset our modem remotely but I had no way to reboot
the router remotely.  Had we been at home, we could have simply powered
down/up each device and fixed the problem.  We asked our cat sitter to do
it but apparently she didn't do it correctly.  The Admiral fixed it 5
minutes after she got home.

I did some research.  I found a slick, cheap solution: a Zobox Router
Rebooter.

Neat piece of equipment.  You install it in the power line to your WiFi
router.  Once set up, it apparently pings some reliable websites via your
WiFi network.  If it sees a fail on 3 or 4 of them, it assumes your WiFi is
down and does a reboot of your router.

Now I can reboot my modem remotely via phone or the ISP's website.  When
the modem drops offline and is restarting, the Zobox sees the internet is
down and reboots the WiFi router.  When the two units come back online,
they are talking.  WiFi is re-established and all our connected devices are
now visible.  Slick.  It works.  I tried it several times.  Each time it
worked as advertised.

Sold out for now but here's the eBay listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zobox-Router-Rebooter-/114098722396

See it on Amazon in the UK.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zobox-Router-Rebooter-Dongle-Automatically/dp/B07XXCT4TY

  --