I do agree the Ultra Safety Switch is a very good switch, and there is also a
high water alarm function, but bear in mind they are not maintenance free.

After I motored from Annapolis to Erie I discovered the main pump was frozen.
(two other fore and aft pumps working, but in sealed compartments, and two
others apparently non-existent).  I replaced the main pump with a new one and
cleaned the switch.  It was gummed up with crud, and was effectively
non-functional.   I think one of the best defenses against this, besides
regular cleaning, is to keep fresh oil absorbent pads in your bilge. And also
keep the water out.  I think I still like the electronic switches a little
better.

Bill Coleman

Entrada, Erie, PA

+1 on the Ultra Safety Systems bilge switch recommendation. Put one on the Rule
pump in my Mako CC because I was tired of replacing the Rule switches just
about every year. Not cheap but worth it.

Regards,

Dave

1982 C&C 37 - Ronin

1998 Mast & Mallet Thomas Point 34 - Katana

Reedville, VA