Once pretty much anything has cured you are creating a mechanical bond vs a
chemical bond. Etching or course sand will give you good bonding results.  At
least worked for me for the last 23 years....Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Doug Mountjoy via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 2021-05-23  19:10  (GMT-04:00) To: Stus-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: Doug Mountjoy <svrebeccal...@gmail.com> Subject:
Stus-List Re: Gelcoat colour matching Thats what I was told by Fiberlay the
local fiberglass supplier, and the "expert" I talked to prior to buying
supplies to build my holding tank. But then he told me I needed 5 gallons of
polyester resin, I used 1. Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE DeviceDoug MountjoyPort
Orchard YCPort Orchard,  WARebecca Leah1988 LF39 -------- Original message
--------From: dwight veinot via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 5/23/21
12:33 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: dwight veinot
<dwight...@gmail.com> Subject: Stus-List Re: Gelcoat colour matching Are you
totally sure about thatOn Sun, May 23, 2021 at 12:55 PM Doug Mountjoy via
CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:Be advised, Gel coat is Polyester based
and will not adhere to epoxy, but epoxy will adhere to polyester and or vinyl
ester based fiberglass. Gel coat will also work with vinyl ester based
fiberglass. DougOn Sun, May 23, 2021 at 8:17 AM Graham Collins via CnC-List