Like Shawn's boat mine is also C&C 35 Mk2 (1974), but there is no indications of deck straps ever being installed.  Two years ago I removed the failed holding tank from its outboard location behind the outboard mahogany paneling. This required removing most of the head cabinetry, all of which was unattached to the overhead and only floating in the overhead's channels.  The only item that appears to secure the deck away from the the toe-rail are the hang tangs that are thru bolted to the mast.  The mast was removed since the boat winters in my side yard.  Also re-tabbed all the forward v-berth structures, since three quarters of the screws had worked loose due to hull flexing.  Yes the boat creaks when sailing, but after 40 years of sailing her you ignore that noise (also failing hearing??).

Don Kern
/Fireball, /C&C35 Mk2
Bristol, RI