I know this most probably won't help any of you but my one lingering
benefit of military service is my 47 year USAA membership.  My boat policy
dates from when I purchased Touche' in 1999.  It is underwritten by USAA,
not their partner Progressive.  The adjuster was even surprised that it was
an old legacy policy.

When Touche' was damaged in Hurricane Sally last year, the policy paid 100%
of the repairs including haul out.  Once I received the repair estimate
from the yard, USAA electronically transferred the funds to me within a day
or two.

A buddy of mine had a USAA policy underwritten by Progressive.  His
experience, while good, wasn't as good as mine.

While I might save a few bucks on my premium by shopping around, I really
don't think I can beat the coverage.

My point here is don't just shop for low premiums.  Look hard at the
coverage.  Are there deductibles?  Is it new for old?  Is there
depreciation involved?  Does it drop during named storms?  My feeling is
marine policies vary tremendously.
--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83