I have 7:1 advantage on Alianna's mainsheet with about 1.5 feet of covered
wire between the boom and the moveable block. The triple block at the
traveller is attached to a ratchet block with cam cleat that is snap
shackled to the traveller car on the bridge deck. The wire from block to
boom shortens the total length of main sheet required for dumping power or
sheeting in. I can control the mainsheet from the helm where I prefer a
leeward seat so I can easily see the ticklers on the genoa.

On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 10:43 PM Shawn Wright via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> I have a 5:1 which I picked up from a parts 35 a few years ago, and it's a
> great improvement. If the cam cleat is hard to release, it usually means I
> should have reefed 5 knots ago...
>
> I use a snap shackle to the traveller car for quickly swinging the boom to
> the rail when at anchor.
>
> Currently looking at a longer range cruiser, and one of the things I will
> miss is easy mainsheet adjustment.
>
> --
> Shawn Wright
> shawngwri...@gmail.com
> S/V Callisto, 1974 C&C 35
> https://www.facebook.com/SVCallisto
>

> On Fri, Jul 15, 2022 at 8:13 AM Joe Della Barba via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone changed their 35 to a multi-part tackle and cam cleat that you
>> operate from the traveler back at the helm instead of the stock system that
>> runs a line up to the mast and back to a cabin top winch?
>> Would 4:1 be enough or would 6:1 be better?
>>
>> My preventer is a pretty big 4 part and cam cleat setup, it just about
>> looks like it could do the job.
>>

>> Joe Della Barba
>>
> Coquina C&C 35 MK I
>>
>> Kent Island MD USA