Hey Joe,
4:1 mainsheet is fine for the light winds of Chesapeake Bay until the wind
fills in and then 6:1 would be much better.  4:1 with a fine tune added would
be the best solution.  The C&C 99 has a 4:1 / 8:1 mainsheet that works well.

My 34R has 5:1 with a 20:1 double ended fine tune.  This allows me to release
the mainsheet in a very controlled manner when it's heavily loaded, rounding
the windward mark.

Where is your traveller now?

Chuck S