I like that idea.  Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Nelson via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2022 10:43 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Jeff Nelson <jhnelso...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Vang repair

For Option 3:
Could use a RivNut, which may increase the load bearing on the thin walled boom.
https://www.boellhoff.com/ca-en/products-and-services/special-fasteners/blind-rivet-nuts-rivnut.php
These are commonly available at hardware stores.

You don't need the special tool, you can install them with 2 wrenches. I'm not
sure what the load capabilities are on these.  I used them to install my Vang,
but my bolts go in horizontally through the boom, so most of the load is on the
boom material not pulling out the threading....and of course, I'm a lot smaller
boat.

Cheers,
   Jeff Nelson
   Muir Caileag