I have a baby stay on my 29mk2. There is no track but I have a 4:1 set of
blocks lead back to a clutch. With in line spreaders the baby stay help
create mast bend with the backstay on and keeps the mast from pumping in
light air and sloppy waves. It’s only a pain tubing the spinnaker pole or a
large Genoa in light wind.