From: Robert Abbott via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2022 8:22 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Robert Abbott <robertabb...@eastlink.ca>
Subject: Stus-List Re: C&C 32 Babystay

My 84 C&C 32 has a babystay at a single point of attachment...no track.
The babystay attaches to a SS plate with a loop on the foredeck....this
plate is then attached through the deck to a SS rod running from the
deck roof down to the hull in the very front of the V berth immediately
to the starboard of the V berth entrance.....it does not obstruct
passage in or out.   Both the on deck bbstay and the rod below have a
turnbuckle to adjustment although I will admit I have never adjusted the
below deck one.  I normally have approx 700 lbs of tension on it.

Given the size of the mast and type of sailing I do, I am of the opinion
I really don't need it.   But since Rob Ball designed the boat for one,
I use it.  There was an 84 C&C 32 at my club that took his babystay off
and he never had any issues going up and down the coast of Nova Scotia

If you are doing sailing in heavy weather and big seas where the mast
might be pumping a lot, the babystay would help to stabilize the rig but
otherwise do you really need it?

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - #277
Halifax, N.S.

Don't forget to show your appreciation and help pay the bills.  Make a
contribution at:
https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
Thanks for your help.