My 34 came spinnaker equipped.

No matter what, the baby stay MUST be released and stowed back to the mast to
allow for gybing and full aft pole trim.  If your baby stay is permanently
attached to a pad eye, then you will need to change end fitting for a releasing
type.  I have track with shackle so can adjust mast bend and allow for quick
release or attachment.  I can gybe either dip pole or end to end.  I prefer end
for end as is simpler.  Accordingly I rigged pole with bridles for both pole
lift and downhaul.  Had to install block into deck with backing plate for down
haul bridle

Downhaul must be separate line from the guy.  They serve different functions.
Ours goes through series of “eyes” on deck back to a jam cleat in cockpit next
to winch for pole lift.  Main purposes of downhaul are to steady pole and
prevent “skying” of spinnaker (very exciting btw).  This needs to be adjusted
whenever any change in guy.

Pole lift enters mast through fitting in mast about 2/3 way up.  Is rounded
exit with sheave.  Goes back to winch on cabin top

Will need winches – We have 2 secondary in cockpit Barient 22, 1 for pole lift
on cabin top Barient 10 and one for halyard Barient 10

Will need track on mast, sliding fitting for track and fitting on pole end.
Have to be able to adjust pole height on mast for gybing and trim.

Best of luck

John Read

Legacy III

1982 C&C 34