Interesting and you’ve obviously thought it through.   Great fun looking and
pondering.  I do struggle with the ‘80s centre cockpit types, for reasons I
mentioned,  despite feeling otherwise at one point.  (And really wanting to
love and buy an amel super maramu before locking in on the OVNI).    There are
whitby 42s around here among others that come up from time to time, they seem
like real bargains for someone looking at that range/type.
I was in Kingston once and a c&C 44 pulled in, single handed by a super nice
older-than-me guy.  Boat totally equipped for offshore which the owner
intimated might never happen.   no expense spared, which at first impressed me
then I thought about why the various compromises may not work very well.
But…. With all that gear removed- breathtaking lines.    RIP Rob Ball.
I was tempted by a landfall 48 at one point, was in the yard here (whitby ON)
for a long time before it sold.  Deep draft, which around here can be an issue.
  Seemed like a lot of boat for the money, though of course there’s no such
thing as a cheap boat.
Offshore boats are thin on the ground around here and even in Nova Scotia where
I had a place and where my dad lives.   I actually spent time in Brittany boat
shopping as a result.  Incredible.   As hockey is to canada, sailing is to
France.
Should be no shortage of boats in your neck of the woods though, Happy hunting.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for your help.
Stu