OK, an DC/AC Pure Sine Wave inverter looks attractive

I've heard some boats have 1000 watt, some 2000watt and some 3000 or more.
What size inverter is right for a boat equipped with two 100Ah AGM batteries?
One battery provides 12v x 100ah: 1200watts.  My system can provide 2400 watts
but I usually reserve one battery to restart the engine and run on the other
battery.  Does the inverter get fed from a bus common to both batteries, or to
the selector switch marked, "Off, 1, both, 2"?

Thanks,
Chuck S

Thanks for your help.
Stu