From: Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2023 3:10 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Della Barba, Joe <joe.della.ba...@ssa.gov>
Subject: Stus-List Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Sizing an inverter

You can, you just have to think it through.
My wife can dry her hair, that draws about 50 amps for 5 minutes or so. I can’t
run my cabin heater at 500 or 1000 watts off the battery, it would run the
battery dead before the boat got very warm. Given most of our C&Cs were
designed to be relatively light boats without huge battery banks, we are mostly
a poor fit for trying to use high-draw AC house appliances running off of
batteries. I use an AC vacuum and an AC coffee grinder, but I don’t try and use
an electric coffee pot. Using the stove is far more efficient as far as turning
fuel into hot water.
What is it you want to run on the boat?

Joe Della Barba
Coquina