Someone else on the list went with pex and circulated photos a couple years
ago.  Very professional-looking.  I’m sticking with hose (for now) because it
bends easily where needed.

From: Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2024 11:40 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Della Barba, Joe <joe.della.ba...@ssa.gov>
Subject: Stus-List going all pex

I have been going nuts with fresh water leaks lately. It seems like the ½” hose
has lost its flexibility over the decades, it is now rock hard. I can’t get it
off any barb, I have to cut it off and the hose is so stiff I can’t get a
leak-free connection anymore. I got out a spare role to replace it and that
stuff too is about as flexible as iron pipe, I guess I saving it for 30 years
was not cost-effective ☹

I never though of ½’ water hose as an expense before, but the stuff is
expensive now too! I think it is over $3/ft at West Marine and $1/foot off
Amazon for Chinese chemical-smelling hose. Certainly no one plumbing a house is
putting up with this, so I asked and the hardware store clerk turned me on to
PEX tubing. It is cheap, like $0.50 a foot, and is strong enough to freeze and
not burst. I got the special crimp tool and stainless crimp bands off Amazon
for $25 or so and a 12-pack of PEX to NPT fittings. I think it is time for all
the old hose to go.

Joe

Coquina

Thanks for your help.