http://www.unixarena.com/2013/06/how-to-configure-bondingteaming-on.html

I tend to force the old device naming on el7 (like eth0), as its a bit more predictable for cobbler. Use these as kernel options.

net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0

On 2016-10-14 17:50, alast...@alastair-munro.com wrote:
Network Manager is managing networking via a service.Originally it was
designed for GUI logins where you would login as a user as part of the
login, network manager would be run to setup the network (typically
using dhcp). Now it seems Network Manager is much more expanded.
Refering to the link below, section 1.9 refers back to the static
network config, which cobbler implements: 1.9. NETWORK CONFIGURATION
USING SYSCONFIG FILES.

Note this section:

1.3. INTRODUCTION TO NETWORKMANAGER

In Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7, the default networking service is
provided by NetworkManager, which is a dynamic network control and
configuration daemon that attempts to keep network devices and
connections up and active when they are available. The traditional
ifcfg type configuration files are still supported. See Section 1.8,
“NetworkManager and the Network Scripts” for more information.

So I think cobbler uses the older/static way of configuring
networking, using the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts config dir.

I am not sure what is planned for future versions of cobbler?

I suspect you may need to include post kickstart snippet for using
network manager, or figure how to do the teaming using the older
method?

Alastair