That is funny, but as a Muslim birder this stuff is not much of a joke to
me.  I am afraid to go on any birding expeditions out of the country right
now, or to even try to get on a plane to go somewhere in this country.  I
was harassed and followed by security once for birding at the Xeriscape
Gardens in Colorado Springs - apparently because it is owned by the local
utility company the fact that I had a scarf and binoculars made me a
terrorist.  I just don't trust the 'authorities' are always going to do the
right thing because of my appearance.  I have heard the same thing from
several birders of color.  I encourage those of you who are less
marginalized to keep standing up when people push you like that because you
might be indirectly helping out someone who wouldn't be able to do so.

Diana Beatty
El Paso County

On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Ira Sanders <zroadrunne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> April Fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Joe Roller <jroll...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was curious about the extra vigilance you have described, so I
>> researched the issue on line.
>>
>>  It turns out that there was a recent Interpol bulletin about the threats
>> and damage to reservoirs, especially
>> in parts of Great Britain and Germany. Terrorists have been posing as
>> birders in order to avoid arousing suspicion
>> from security guards.
>> Dressed as birders, with binoculars, muddy boots and field guides, these
>> miscreants have been found
>> lurking close to large reservoirs. When no one seemed to be watching, one
>> Isis commando was videotaped
>> heaving a gunny sack full of zebra mussels over a fence, where it plopped
>> into Fulz Reservoir, which is the
>> main water supply of Stuttgart, near the air force base.
>> When caught, he explained (translated from Farsi), "No way was I going to
>> wear a suicide vest, so I opted for
>> the safer act of slowly destroying that reservoir with these noxious,
>> invasive bivalves."
>>
>> Be wary though out this day in early April, and the rest of month too.
>>
>> Joe Roller, Denver
>>

>> On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 8:41 AM, Susan Rosine <u5b2mt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> There is an area where signs are posted No Stopping or Parking
>>> (something like that), but I've always pulled over every where else along
>>> that road. I wouldn't worry about it. She must be new. They know birders
>>> are always on that road.
>>> Susan Rosine
>>> Thornton
>>>
>>> --
>>>

> --
> Ira Sanders
> Golden, CO
> "My mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading
> into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
>
> --
> msgid/cobirds/CABF3siHp-N%3DUgQPg%2BwTmgpPMeC4VhdoPNuOt0um40jL2-
> qZhfA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/cobirds/CABF3siHp-N%3DUgQPg%2BwTmgpPMeC4VhdoPNuOt0um40jL2-qZhfA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

******

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the
old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.