Is concealed carry legal there?
 Or, if you're a turkey vulture, concealed carrion?
 Karl Stecher
 Centennial/Arapahoe

 From: "Glenn Walbek, Castle Rock, CO" <jun...@comcast.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2017 5:55 PM
To: migran...@aol.com
Cc: "Cobirds" <cobirds@googlegroups.com>, otowi33...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Burrowing Owls and security guards, Adams county
  I just read the ABA has implemented 'sanctuary hot spots', where birders
can bird freely without fear of intimidation, deportation, or ID
questioning.  Below is a partial list of these hot spots..

 Walden Ponds
 Baseline Reservoir
 Gregory Canyon
 Valmont Reservoir
 Greenlee Preserve

 Glenn Walbek
 Castle Rock, CO

 On Apr 1, 2017 12:50 PM, 'Norm Lewis' via Colorado Birds
<cobirds@googlegroups.com> wrote: I understand, and this why I encourage
other birders not to let themselves be pushed around for no particular good
reason. I make it a point never to pass a "private property" sign, to cross
fences or enter anywhere that says "keep out". However, I find that more
and more I am being harrassed for being in areas which appear have public
access. "Golf Cart Boy" out at Latham once called the sheriff on me (he did
it while I was standing there, so I know he actually did it; I overheard
the conversation). I just stood there while he yelled at me that I was
ignoring him, to which I replied, "Yep". He left, but I waited around for
the authorities, who of course never appeared. They probably got a good
laugh out of his report of a miscreant birder.    Anyway, if law
enforcement gives me a valid reason way I should vacate an area, vacate I
will. Yesterday's "officer" (who must have looking desperately for a reason
to justify her existence) just sputtered about "DIA" and "private property"
and really had no good reason why I should leave the area.
 That's probably enough on this subject. Please obey all property signs and
follow the ABA Code of Ethics. But I submit that there is no reason why
birders should be bullied just because we have a reputation for being
rather passive.
   Norm Lewis
 Lakewood, CO