I saw and heard it this afternoon mostly in the entrance area overtopping the
old office and along the ditch south of the entrance and in the sections
southwest of the entrance.  It is singing its entire repertoire, almost
incessantly.

On the hummingbird front, the nest I mentioned the other day as being under
construction is apparently complete and the female was sitting quietly on it
today, as if on eggs.  The other two nests have two nestlings each.  AND I
found yet another nest today in the very early stages of construction on a
branch that has hosted a nest in years past.  One of the "fluff" items being
brought in for the nest foundation is dandelion seeds.

So, the hummingbird summary at present is: one nest with two babies a few days
from fledging, one nest with very young babies, one nest with eggs and one nest
newly under construction.  Many of us reported seeing hummingbirds this spring
earlier than ever.  I had a flyover male at Grandview in very late MARCH!  That
was almost three months ago.  Did the entire first nesting attempt fail because
of the late snows and, thus, are these current nest situations all "do-overs"?
I do not see young birds flying around, as would be the case with successful
FOY broods.  The more I watch hummingbirds, the more they have my admiration
for a lot of reasons, especially the females.

Dave Leatherman

Fort Collins