> You can inherit and test properties of anything you like in python or
> ocaml code.  If you inherit some kind of metavariable other than a
> position variable, the term will be represented as a string.  But that
> should be fine for detecting eg if a string has only one character.

Your explanation sounds promising.

> If it has multiple characters, you can do the include match false call, so
> that
> in the last rule when yu inherit again the metavariable containing th
> string, it won't be seen.

I see another software development challenge then.

* I imagine that this "false call" will work for the exclusion of unwanted
source
  code fragments.

* But I will also need a way to construct a source code change ("plus code" in
  the semantic patch) with OCaml or Python scripting, won't I?

Regards,
Markus