>> Will it occasionally matter then to distinguish better if a specific source
>> code
>> fragment or a complete source file should be excluded from an analysis run
>> on demand?
>
> I have no idea what you mean by this.

I assume that there are more chances.

I am just unsure around the application of a function call like
"cocci.include_match(False)" so far.

> But since I know very little about this printing problem in general,

It is not a "problem". - Is it just the beginning for another software
development
challenge (or adventure)?

> I doubt that I can give an answer.

I imagine that we can exchange some ideas to improve the affected software
situation further, can't we?

> Try it and see what requirements turn up.

Which items will be picked up for further clarification?

Regards,
Markus