>> I have got a few concerns for further software development considerations.
>> How do you think about to support also an advanced interface by which it
>> could be
>> determined if a preprocessor symbol would correspond to such a desired
>> character
>> (instead of fiddling with regular expressions within a rule for the embedded
>> programming
>> language script)?
>
> What C code are you concerned about exactly?

I guess that this "story" affects some general aspects. After I got a better
understanding
of related software dependencies, I begin to think also about further
possibilities to
make such a source code search pattern safer and more efficient.
How much would you like to increase the support for data processing around
macros
with your software?

Regards,
Markus