On 18 Sep 2016, at 12:02, Gabriel Zachmann <z...@tu-clausthal.de> wrote:
> When I "Run" my code in Xcode (i.e., hit CMD-R), I would like Xcode to build
> the code, copy the product to its destination,
> and then run a *different* application, not the product it has built.
> (all on macOS, not iOS)

 Sure! Pick "Edit Scheme..." from the target selection popup in your Xcode
window's toolbar. There, select the "Run" entry on the left. In the "Info" tab,
you can set the executable to run to any executable in your project, or another
arbitrary one.

Cheers,
-- Uli Kusterer
"The Witnesses of TeachText are everywhere..."
http://stacksmith.org