On 02.12.2016 at 22:55 Pascal Bourguignon wrote:

> Yes, it’s “official”.
> I’ve read the document about what is allowed and rejected for the
> AppStore, and this is not rejected.

Well, just because apps that use undocumented features aren't rejected from the
app store doesn't make it official for me. To me "official" means that there
is some word about it on https://developer.apple.com but apparently that
isn't the case so it's an undocumented feature and nobody can predict for how
long this is going to continue to work like it is now. It could be ditched
any time if it's not documented. That makes me rather uneasy...

Also, there is no "Library" template for iOS in Xcode. Only a Cocoa Touch
Framework template. This also doesn't look like dlopen() is officially
supported on iOS.

> You would just embed the framework, without linking it.

I'm not very familiar with the latest Xcode so does this mean I should add
my framework to "Embedded binaries" but not to "Linked Frameworks and
Libraries"?

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andr...@falkenhahn.com