Yup, Amazon, July 15, $23.07 + shipping.  BTW, you might want them to
update the title because it doesn't mention iPhone.  Considering the huge
number of iPhone SDKs downloaded, that could be a big draw.  I may cancel
Amazon and order the PDF package from your site.

    I had considered adding my own base-layer as you suggested, but that
still begs the question since that layer will live in the view's layer as a
sublayer amd I still don't know how the view's layer responds to changes in
the view's frame/bounds. If the view's layer lives within the view's bounds,
then I should only have to deal with the flipped coordinates.  I was hoping
I could flip and scale using a transform so it would carry through to the
sublayer stack I wanted to include for my actual drawing layers.  That way,
I wouldn't have to mess with the sublayer stack -- they should automatically
scale when the base-layer is scaled.

     You may be right that I shouldn't muck with the view's layer, but
should add my own base-layer, especially since it seems to be a mystery how
the view's layer responds to changes in the view.

            Gordon