> target/action

Is this the same as the following?

> action is sent to target on a click. The other things you mention are either
> not detected or not sent on to the target.

I don't quite understand how target/action works under the hood. If I
were an implementor of NSButton, how would I declare that namely the
"click" event should trigger the actions in the Sent Actions list?
Currently the "Sent Actions" section does not even appear in my custom
view's connections menu at all, how would I make it appear?