I cannot seem to locate any documentation on this, so hopefully someone can
confirm the behavior I am seeing with Apple's sample SMJobBless code located at:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#samplecode/SMJobBless/Introduction/Intro.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/DTS40010071

I was under the impression that it would only ask for an admin password if it
detected a that a new version of the helper tool needed to be installed.

However, this impression is apparently incorrect.

The behavior I am seeing under 10.6 is that if I launch the app for the first
time, it will ask for the password. If I launch almost immediately, it won't.
However, if I wait a long enough time, it will ask for the password again.
During all of this, the helper tool does not change.

Can anyone point to documentation that defines this as the correct behavior?

Thank you.