On 27 Nov 2013, at 9:12 pm, Graham Cox <graham....@bigpond.com> wrote:

>> Not what you want.
>>
>> Use -[NSUserDefaults removePersistentDomainForName:] with your app's
>> bundle ID.
>
> Thanks, that’s a good one to know. The documentation doesn’t even begin to
> suggest this method would be appropriate.
>
> Am I right in thinking I’ll have to also reload my defaults plist and use
> -registerDefaults: after this?

Well, this seems to work just fine, so I’m fairly happy with that solution -
thanks :)

The only thing I can see being an issue with this approach is that if something
in the prefs prevents the app launching successfully. We’ve had that happen in
the past, luckily only once in a blue moon (and the root cause of that
particular bug has long been dealt with). I guess if/when it crops up again
we’ll just have to navigate the unfortunate user through the command line.
Thankfully, that won’t have to be me, we have far more patient people to do
that.

—Graham