> On Apr 15, 2015, at 2:06 PM, Dave <d...@looktowindward.com> wrote:
>

>> I recommend you switch to Auto Layout.
>
> AFAICT, Auto-Layout won’t let me do what I want to do.
>
> This is so simple. The NIB file is owned by the window controller. The window
> is a large window and initially has two frames in it. Later on, I get
> Notifications telling me a new position and size for the two Views.

The very minimal thing you could do in auto layout for this is as simple as
specifying constraints for leading, trailing, width, and height – and you will
get exactly what you want by setting the constraints as requested by your
notification. This minimal change would do exactly what the frame setting you
are trying to do would do.

--
David Duncan