Hi Gustav,

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 11:28:59AM +0100, Gustav Lidén wrote:

> >From what I understand, the new I18nTransformer (which used to be
> I18nTransformer2) uses a grouping (in files) of language strings by language
> instead of by content.

        Yes, Konstantin and I changed the grouping from content to
        language.

        The intention was to enhance maintennance -> for example, at
        Dresdner Bank we have a department dedicated to translating message
        cataloges. They can now send us individual message files ordered by
        language one at a time, rather than needing to edit one large file that
        contains all languages.

        It was also done to take advantage of the new XMLResourceBundle class
        in the Avalon project, which supports loading of message cataloges
        from a language/country/variant hierarchy.

> The earliler organization of language strings suits me better, should I stay
> with an old version of Cocoon, or is it OK to use an old version of
> I18nTransformer with the final Cocoon2.0 release?

        AFAIK the old one should still work, but is out dated.

        One other option would be to use an XSL stylesheet to transform your
        single message cataloge into the new format at build time. Have a look
        at the convert.xsl stylesheet I wrote in
        xml-cocoon2/webapp/i18n/translation.

        Other than that, we'd probably need to look at some code changes, I'm
        open to suggestions ? :-)

        Hope that helps.

        Cheers,

        Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
    $:         $$$$:   Managesoft GmbH
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'     Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: