Bert Van Kets wrote:

> I have started a discussion on on-line content editing for Cocoon a
> while ago.  The goup then also came to the conclusion that a web-based
> solution would be best, although some people suggested using some
> local application.  My project needs browser based editing since the
> content will be edited by a lot of people who are in very distributed
> locations.
>
> I recently have gotten a project that needs content editing and is
> based on Cocoon.
> My plan is to do either one of the following:
> 1) create a true JavaScript solution that heavily works with DOM and
> the form data is submitted to the server where the XML stream is created
> 2) create an applet that does the XML parsing and validating, whereas
> the true editing is done in an HTML form that gets support from
> JavaScript.  the applet sends an XML stream to the server.
>
> Either solution will work with most browsers.
> The basic principle remains the same:
> - The DTD is analysed and the form logic (Slient side JavaScript) is
> created depending on the result
> - The XML node names that can be selected are dependant on the
> JavaScript logic (the content of the list boxes is altered)
> - Depending on the node name selected the possible attributes are
> presented by adding form elements.
>
> Any remarks or suggestions?
>
> Bert

 This Client Side content editor will be compliant with Apache's
document-v10.dtd?
 I very appraciate this editor. And I will try to integrate with DB
Prism / Cocoon2 CMS. You could see DB Prism Cocoon2 CMS at work at
http://cococodrilo.exa.unicen.edu.ar:7777/dbprism/doc/Home.html.
 DB Prism CMS has this mainly funcionality:
  - Compliant with apache's document-v10.dtd (plus SVG images inside
this document), see Apache docs uploaded to the CMS.
  - Pure content agregation support, now including header,content and
news feeds by moreover.com
  - Simple, compared with Oracle iFS CMS or opencms.org
  - It works.
  - Fully integrated with Cocoon2 cache, sinchronized by an External
Cache Invalidator ("a la" Oracle Web Cache).
  - Integrated Search engine compatible with Altavista (tm) syntax using
Oracle interMedia.
  - Paralelized content agregation through DBPrismGenerator.
  and more...
  Best regards, Marcelo.