>>  I am using Norman Walsh's DocBook too:
>> rdf + (xsp + taglib + doocbook)--> xsl-fo --> *
>> amd I have the same problems: it only works with
>> simple <article> but no for complex docbook documents
>> How do you change Xalan to Saxon?
>> I try to delete xalan-2.3.1.jar and put saxon jars in
>> WEB-INF\lib but it doesn't work
>>
>> Saxon 7.1
>> Cocoon 2.02
>> Norman Walsh's DocBook 1.50.1-EXP
>> Tomcat 3.3a

I was unable to get Saxon 7.0 or 7.1 to work correctly.  For some reason the
SystemID() function is not working correctly in those versions.

What I've got that >IS< working is to use Saxon 6.5.1

Remove the Xalan Jars, place all three Saxon jars from a 6.5.1 binary
distribution into the webapps\coocon\web-int\lib\ directory.

Then I started getting Internationalization errors.  A number of solutions
were suggested, the one I got to work was to go into your docbook\common
directory, and edit the l10n.xml file.

I then hard coded the path to all the internationalization files, for
example:

<!ENTITY af SYSTEM
"file:/C:/tomcat4/webapps/cocoon/ogc/docbook/common/af.xml">
<!ENTITY ca SYSTEM
"file:/C:/tomcat4/webapps/cocoon/ogc/docbook/common/ca.xml">
<!ENTITY cs SYSTEM
"file:/C:/tomcat4/webapps/cocoon/ogc/docbook/common/cs.xml">

This got me up and running.

--
Mike