> From: Frank Ridderbusch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> On Mon, 6 May 2002 14:11:53 -0400
> "Vadim Gritsenko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Try saxon-6.5.2.jar. Works for me.
> >
> > Vadim
>
> Does it work for you in every respect?
>

> I'm also using Saxon and for the most part it works. However I'm
including
> this option in the TOMCAT_OPTS/CATALINA_OPTS env variable to force
Saxon
> to use Xerces instead of the included Alfred parser.
>
> -

Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFact
oryImp

> Otherwise I would get exceptions from Alfred, when I used <!DOCTYPE
...>
> declarations, where the DTD included other entities. (I configured
> CatalogManager.properties accordingly).

I do not use DTDs...

> The SQLTranformer aparently does not work with Saxon. What works like
> charm with Xalan produces a exception with Saxon.

Same here. My XSPs and XSLTs work fine with Saxon.

>  org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: \
>      java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The Saxon DOM cannot be
updated

>  org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: \
>   java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The Saxon DOM cannot be
updated
>       at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(Cach
ingStr
> eamPipeline.java:414)
>       at

org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.usr.local.httpd.htdocs.sqxs.sitemap_xmap.mat
chd0e1
> 45(sitemap_xmap.java:1419)
>       at

org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.usr.local.httpd.htdocs.sqxs.sitemap_xmap.pro
cess(s

org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:3431)

> I think, I've seen the same exception, when using the xmlform example
from
> scratchpad with Saxon.
>
> I this something, that should be reported to buzilla?

I think yes, it should be.

Vadim