On Mon, 6 May 2002 14:11:53 -0400
"Vadim Gritsenko" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Try saxon-6.5.2.jar. Works for me.
>
> Vadim

Does it work for you in every respect?

I'm also using Saxon and for the most part it works. However I'm including
this option in the TOMCAT_OPTS/CATALINA_OPTS env variable to force Saxon
to use Xerces instead of the included Alfred parser.

-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

Otherwise I would get exceptions from Alfred, when I used <!DOCTYPE ...>
declarations, where the DTD included other entities. (I configured
CatalogManager.properties accordingly).

The SQLTranformer aparently does not work with Saxon. What works like
charm with Xalan produces a exception with Saxon.

 org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: \
     java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The Saxon DOM cannot be updated

 org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.: \
  java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: The Saxon DOM cannot be updated
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.CachingStreamPipeline.process(CachingStreamPipeline.java:414)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.usr.local.httpd.htdocs.sqxs.sitemap_xmap.matchd0e145(sitemap_xmap.java:1419)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.usr.local.httpd.htdocs.sqxs.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:588)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.www.file_.usr.local.httpd.htdocs.sqxs.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:420)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:224)
        at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:179)
        at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.matchd0e910(sitemap_xmap.java:6908)
        at org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:3431)

I think, I've seen the same exception, when using the xmlform example from
scratchpad with Saxon.

I this something, that should be reported to buzilla?
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Regards

Frank Ridderbusch

Fujitsu Siemens Computers, EP SQ XS1
Heinz Nixdorf Ring, 33106 Paderborn, Germany
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]