Jan,

well, I use SQLTranformer and not ESQL, for two basic reasons:

1) it does Stored Procedures just fine (and a year before ESQL did)
2) I don't like to be restricted to the generation step when it comes to SQL (as
happens using XSP)... though I have to admit I
dislike XSP all the way

On the other hand:

1) SQLTransformer is slower than EQSL (I didn't test it myself, though)
2) Some Cocoon developers think it worth deprecating (though this idea was rejected as
late as a few weeks ago). Hence, don't expect
SQLTranaformer to be upgraded anytime soon (though I might get on this job... hmmm...)

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              [EMAIL PROTECTED]