> Could you please try to find if your logs contain something
> like "could not acquire a Connection -- waiting" and set the
> parameter <connect-attempts>1</connect-attempts> in the
> declaration of the transformer in sitemap.xmap?

No only the 'no suitable driver' error when calling the esql page..
And SQLTransformer works just fine with 1 connection attempt.

Is the way I call the esql sheet any good? :

..
<map:generator label="content,data"
logger="sitemap.generator.serverpages" name="serverpages" pool-grow="2"
pool-max="32" pool-min="4"
src="org.apache.cocoon.generation.ServerPagesGenerator"/>
..
..
<map:match pattern="esqltest.xml">
        <map:generate src="logic/query.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>
..

JW