On 19.Aug.2002 -- 09:24 AM, Alan Hodgkinson wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Christian Haul wrote:

> > > Erm, _I_ am really strange...
> > > I had my esql:pool tag within the esql:query...
> > > Aargh!
>
> Do you mean the pool was within the 'query' or within the
> 'execute-query'?
>
> > ..[snip].. Mind you, no-one else spotted it either.
>
> And worse.. the Dodds IBM Tutorial, 'Cocoon 2: Build database
> driven sites', presents an example that contains the following:
>
>   <esql:connection>
>     <esql:execute-query>
>       <esql:pool>...</esql:pool>
>       <esql:query>...

*WRONG*

> In the Cocoon documentation 'How to develop Web Applications', their
> example contains:
>
>   <esql:connection>
>     <esql:pool>...</esql:pool>
>     <esql:execute-query>
>       <esql:query>...

*CORRECT*

The pool is a property of a connection and stays the same for all
queries using that connection.

Could you please point the error out to Dodd?

> Who's right? Or are they both right? I assume we trust the source.. e.g.
> the Cocoon doc. But it raises a larger question. Are there DTD's or
> other 'reference documentation' that we can go to definitively resolve
> such issues? Is there someplace in the source code that we look (without
> having to reverse engineer half of the Jakarta projects :)?

Yes, there is a .XSD around for esql which is unfortunately out of
sync i.e. does not capture a number of extention to esql. You can find
it next to the esql.xsp sample.

> I'm new to Cocoon and it's frustrating to have to trace down these sorts
> of errors. RTFM helps, but isn't the complete colution.

Agreed. We should try to have up to date xsds for the logicsheets.
I'm guilty myself of not updating the xsd :-( I'll try to get better :-)

        Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
[EMAIL PROTECTED]