On Sunday, February 9, 2003, at 04:50 PM, Frank Ridderbusch wrote:

On Sun, 9 Feb 2003 12:26:50 +0000
Jeremy Quinn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I don't have the $$$ to try Framemaker, but if you are prepared to put
in the work, you could try XMLMind XMLEditor (XXE).

	<http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/>

You need to write a config for XXE, for your docset.
You need to write CSS to display your XML.
You can use either XSD or DTD for validation.

If you want to use XSD (and use the editor for free) you must have a
default namespace starting with
'http://xmlmind.com/xmleditor/Schema/[yourdoc]', in your document
root.

I have managed to produce a satisfactory environment for 'corporate
document jockeys' to use.

regards Jeremy

Hi,

I'm just curious. I assume you XXE used only with UTF-8 or ascii. I also
gave XXE a short whirl, but I was unable to load documents with
encoding="ISO-8859-1" that contained german öäü... characters.
XXE reads the encoding from the first line of your file, if there is not one there, it uses whatever you have set for the default in 'options'.

regards Jeremy