Hi David,

there are still missing the sources for
com.dotech.cocoon.environment.thread.BackgroundThreadEnvironment
and com.dotech.messaging.Message
to compile all classes. The latter one is less interesting, but the
BackgroundThreadEnvironment seems to be pretty cocoon specific ;-)
I would suggest you to create a complete source package with sitemap.xmap and
cocoon.xconf snippets (already in user documentation) which can be easily
compiled and testet. I think this will raise the changes that a commiter will
review and commit the code.

Do I unterstand correct that the BackgroundThreadEnvironment is some kind of
FakeEnvironment (no output/no input)?
I digged a bit around in your code and in the cocoon core and environment code
and now I am a bit confused about using different Environments with the same
Cocoon instance. What I was wondering about is that you use the HTTPEnvironment
to resolve (and construct) a Source object (in UploadTaskAction) and later use
your own BackgroundThreadEnvironment (in FileUploadTask) to process the source.
Does this work without problems?
What I want to do is generating PDF files in a background thread triggered by a
HTTP request. I guess I have to use the FileSavingEnvironment to do this. I am
somehow curious how to correctly use Cocoon and the CocoonComponentManager to
do this. Can you give me some hints or point to some docs about this?
Is this the following code the right approach?

    env = new FileSavingEnvironment(...);
    Processor processor =
(Processor)this.componentManager.lookup(Processor.ROLE);
    processor.process(environment);

Thank You,
Peter