Bess Sadler wrote:
As long as we're on the subject, does anyone want to share strategies
for syncing circulation data? It sounds like we're all talking about
the parallel systems รก la NCSU's Endeca system, which I think is a
great idea. It's the circ data that keeps nagging at me, though. Is
there an elegant way to use your fancy new faceted browser to search
against circ data w/out re-dumping the whole thing every night?
I will talk about this in my presenation at the conference.
Syncing every night is too infrequent if you ask me.  I considered
syncing like every 15 mintues, until I stepped back and looked at that
idea from a reality concept and laughed at myself.

Our system (going into beta next week!) is using realtime SQL calls for
location, status, etc. to our Voyager DB.

Andrew